Sunday, May 23, 2010

NOTES ON THE GO: Freelance writing. Yay or Nay?

I've been working at a local pharmacy for almost a year now. It's been good so far and it has given me funds to satisfy many of my material needs, which includes endless supply of art/fashion magazines, Moleskine notebooks, coffee, vitamin water, organic shampoos, goat's milk soap. You get the idea. I know this makes me seem super shallow but don't judge. I'm working on it.

Lately I've just been getting bored and thinking of focusing on my writing (and school) instead. So this led me to the idea of doing some freelance writing for money. I have a number of publications in mind (Spook, Spitpress, Voiceworks). Anyone out there know of other publications who are happy to accept submissions from a young writer with a special interest in the field of arts and entertainment? STOP. This is sounding like my resume. Or a job advert: Desperate povo writer in need of cash. Help?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...