Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Olafur Eliasson's "360 Room for All Colours"

A circular room with a wall of changing screen lights. It changed in different colours and was supposed to make us feel like witnessing evolving landscapes.



I had a different experience. For me, it felt like I was inside an empty UFO, or inside an empty room inside a space station floating somewhere in space. I felt like I was in a 2001: A Space Odyssey. That was when it emitted white light.

Then it turned red. A dark room, a horror movie. The room felt evil. The guy in the striped shirt looked suddenly
similar to Freddy Kruger. The blonde girl, on the other side of the room suddenly looked like Carrie. My mood was fear.



Then it turned blue - underwater, drowning, panic.



Then it changed into the lighter, less severe colours. I felt calm again. That thing was like a mood generator or a teleporter.

Photos from: Red, Blue, White

3 comments:

  1. it was incredible! you should check it out if it ever exhibits near you

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.moleskinerie.com/2010/04/smialekspeare.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...