Monday, June 8, 2009

MUSIC PROFILE: Lady GaGa

I'm so sad I missed her concert in Sydney a few weeks ago. I heard about the Pussycat Dolls doing a concert (ignored this completely as I'm not a huge fan of them, even though they are super hot) but didn't know that Lady GaGa was guest starring!


Already being labeled as the new Madonna, Lady GaGa has taken the whole world by storm. And, I, too am sucked in.
All of her songs are torturingly catchy and uplifts me, whatever mood I'm in.
Her videos are so..umm.. cool. (I can't think of another adjective right now, Papparazzi is stuck in and consuming my head).
But is it just me or does she look a bit like Amy Winehouse? Like just a little bit.



Judging from one of my previous posts, you can pretty much tell that I have a love for outrageous lyrics and Lady GaGa does not disappoint. I've put her whole album on repeat on my iPod and is one of the few artists that is taking forever for me to get sick of, (usually happens after a couple of days) but I'm not complaining.


I don't know about everywhere else but there seems to be an exponential increase of poker playing here in Australia after Poker Face came out, so she obviously has a bit of culture influence too, a true trend-setter. I heart you, Lady GaGa

Photo links 1 and 2


3 comments:

  1. Lady GaGa is one of the most interesting pop talents to explode in the current music industry. There is this great sense of liberation about her music that I love. Her music sounds like she's in the process of letting go of something that has been destroying everything in her...and she sings it all out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liberation is always good, especially in entertainment.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...