Monday, April 13, 2009

Switchfoot


switchfoot band on stage

When it comes to music, I tend to discover new artists and bands when their songs are featured in movies. Four of Switchfoot's songs were played in the 2002 film A Walk to Remember. Didn't like the movie but the songs were pretty damn good.

After that, Switchfoot became widely recognised and later sold millions of records. Their song This Is Home was also used in the 2008 film Narnia: Prince Caspian. Because of that film's biblical undertones Switchfoot was the perfect band since they're primarily a Chirstian rock band. Very popular among Christians. In fact, I used to go to a Christian school and I remember when we did a little study for them in my music class.

My interest for Switchfoot heightened after attending their concert at the Big Exo Day in Sydney. After that night their songs stuck themselves in my mind for quite some time and Switchfoot became my most played in my iPod. They're not the most heaviest of rock bands but good enough for easy listening and they're not lazy with their songwriting either, in fact their lyrics are one of the best I've heard in rock bands.

How weird is their name though, I was like wtf does that mean? With a quick google search I found out that it's actually a surfing term (oh, that's why I've never heard of it). Not going into the technical details there.

switchfoot band on stage

If you wanna listen to their music I suggest the albums Oh! Gravity and The Beautiful Letdown



Image sources: Links here and here
License term for images: Link here


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...