Friday, July 22, 2011

Read Forever



This makes me want to make myself a cup of hot cocoa and snuggle with a book (or my iPad).

I don't like the assumption that e-readers are killing off physical books. Unless someone discovers that paper is poisonous and are a danger to our health, books are never going to go away. Sure, we may buy less hard copies of books if we opt to purchase a digital copy instead but I don't see anything wrong with that. I'm sure there's enough room for all formats. I can already hear the trees breathe a sigh of relief. Think of the paper we save!

After purchasing my iPad and using it to read books I've actually found myself purchasing more physical books because the iPad has instilled inside me this intense hunger for reading. Now I can call myself a voracious reader - I've always wanted to say that!

Currently reading at the moment:
A Pale View of Hills by Kazuo Ishiguro
Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks
Various university textbooks and academic readings.





1 comment:

  1. Nothing beats the feeling of holding an actual book! But I can see that many people prefer to read via an ereader or ipad - it's so much more convenient to carry around.

    http://thesignaturebow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...