Sunday, January 17, 2010

READING CHALLENGE: Moby Dick (Updated)

I am not as committed as I previously thought. I stopped reading Moby Dick about a month ago and I haven’t even cracked the halfway line yet.
Oh well, I’ll wait until I get my Sony E-Reader, then I can probably get a free digital version of the book for free. (Thank God for Google Books). Then I shall restart. But I WILL finish it this year.
I have started another reading challenge, over at Goodreads entitled the 2010 TBR (To be Read) Challenge. Basically you read 12 of the books you’ve constantly been putting off reading throughout the year that are in your ‘to be read’ pile.
My list is sort of dystopic/classic themed which includes:
The Handmaid’s Tale, Blindness, Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility and Revolutionary Road.
The full list can be found HERE

I’ve already started with Pride and Prejudice and halfway through Revolutionary Road and nearly finished with The Book Thief. Cannot wait to start The Handmaid’s Tale! I bought a beautiful paperback copy of this book at my favourite independent store at the city called T Kelly Discount Books at George St in Sydney. I absolutely adore this place. There are stacks and stacks of books. They’re always running out of space and there’s always a couple of piles scattered on the floor. It’s amazing. And as you can probably tell from the name, the books are not badly priced either. Much cheaper than the normal retail price at Dymocks or Borders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...