Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Golden Hour


The golden hour is either the last and first hour of sunlight during the day. Everything looks so much better in photographs during the golden hour. Everything has a kind of supernatural and dreamlike tinge and the light is flattering on anyone. Terrence Malick, one of my favourite directors, shoots mostly during the golden hour and as a result his films have the most exquisite cinematography.

This was shot in Sydney harbour. Never seen it quite that beautiful before.

 I'm carrying (and abusing) my satchel which is going to get a lot of use over the next year. The poor thing doesn't even look new anymore and it's only been a month. 

I love this shirt from Esprit. It's light and airy and absolutely perfect for Sydney summer heat. I don't usually tuck my shirts in because it somehow makes me look slightly chubby but I really wanted to show off this multicolour stripe belt from French Connection.

I also got a new camera. My poor Canon Kiss is now accumulating dust on my bookshelf while I play with my new Olympus Pen E-P3.

I'm going to apologise in advance. The following paragraph might sound a bit geeky.

 I'm currently using the standard 14-42mm lens but I'm starting to really hate zoom lenses and becoming more drawn towards prime lenses. I'm going to get the M.Zuiko 45mm f1.8 on Thursday and I'm so excited. With an aperture that wide think of all the possibilities! And yes, the bokeh is beautiful. I'm also eyeing the "pancake lens", the 17mm f2.8 Wide but thinking of saving up a bit more and opt for the more expensive 12mm f2.0 Super Wide. I just need a wide lens to interchange between the portrait lens so at least I have something else to use if I ever want to photograph a landscape. 

It's true what they say. Once you buy your first non-standard lens, you keep going back for more. I'm so addicted!


End geeky camera rant.


Have a lovely week :)



Images are owned by me and cannot be copied or reused without permission. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...